Good morning! Ok so I personally coughed and coughed ALL night and ended up sleeping in a bit today. Things I did last night to support myself and what I plan to do today:
1. I propped myself up on a few pillows to slow the post-nasal drip. I will have to get my neck adjusted today since that is not the best way to sleep but I think I can fit a spinal correction in my schedule today. ;))
2. I guess I am getting a cold so I NEED that adjustment anyway since I personally SWEAR it helps my immune system rock things WAY faster. It doesn't mean I won't ever get sick, you just gotta know how to support yourself during that sick part.
3. I have a diffuser machine beside my bed and happened to have an essential oil that helps support my respiratory system. I added 8 drops of Raven to my diffuser with water and got that thing fired up.
4. I went into my kids' room and took this bottle with a special roller top on it that we have filled with the essential oil Theives. I rolled that onto my neck where my lymph nodes are and onto the soles of my feet. I then took a big smell from the lid-mmm, cinnamony/clove delight!
5. I went into the bathroom linen closet where I store the "homemade vicks" and slathered that on my chest. Yep, that stinks but I can breath so I don't care. Plus it is 2 AM so who is gonna complain??
6. I drank a big glass of water since my mouth was dry. I couldn't breath thru my nose so I was breathing thru my mouth. That dries out your mouth and I knew I needed to help that.
7. I went back to bed and tossed a bit till i drifted off. Now that it is morning I am going to continue the support for my body based upon what it is telling me.
8. I have some elderberry syrup in the fridge so I am going to take a spoonful of that this morning and get some photos up with a recipe for that but here are the SIMPLE ingredients used to make your own,
want more?? visit me at www.loveyourhealthandwellness.com
Hi, I'm Dr. Heidi!
A mom of 3 and an expert in chiropractic care of babies and kids.