Non-Toxic Mosquito Go Away Spray-
there are a few different versions but all the same Basic ingredients. Here is a good one for oils that you already have!! The only exception is the cedarwood and you should have that anyway because it's amazing to help you sleep!
Recipe calculation is About 10 drops total per ounce of liquid. So about 40 drops total for 4 oz bottle. If you are in a terribly buggy area (like Costa Rican jungle hiking) then you can make it a 2 ounce bottle instead of four but still use the same number of drops. It will be great!
• 4 ounce dark-colored glass spray bottle
• 2 ounces witch hazel
• 2 ounces distilled water or even some liquid fractionated coconut oil to help it adhere better
•10 drops of either Citronella or Purification oil (contains citronella and Lemongrass)
•10 drops Lemongrass (acts like citronella)
•5 drops Lavender
•5 drops Peppermint
•10 drops Eucalyptus (or use Thieves because it contains eucalyptus and Clove both of which bugs don't like)
• 5 drops Cedarwood
• 10 drops Geranium (For added tick repellant)
• Take your clean dark-colored glass spray bottle and add your drops of essential oils.
• Add your witch hazel and your distilled water.
• Use fractionated coconut oil instead of water if you live in a woody area, are going out in nature, or need stronger coverage. The oil will sink in skin better. For dogs you can spritz on their coat or spray their legs and collar.
• For most urban and suburban living, the distilled water version works just fine.
• Close the bottle with the spray and shake bottle well. Spray generously before going outside. This works equally as good as all nontoxic bug sprays and you can make it at home! Mosquito spray containing DEET is vey poisonous to our nervous system. This one is NOT❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
In the summer months I soak my children's para cord bracelets in this as well as spritz their skin.
want more?? visit me at www.loveyourhealthandwellness.com
Hi, I'm Dr. Heidi!
A mom of 3, pediatric chiropractor, natural remedy guru and wellness educator.
Follow along on instagram